Friday, May 28, 2010

Thank You Andrew


We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully. ( Romans 12:6-8)

Andrew had a lot to offer. He gived his money and time to charity and organization like Rebuild Africa. He was a friend to many especially my family. Unselfishly, he gave of his time to Val, his kids and others. I still remember when he asked to take Bildine along with his family for apple picking. Bildine still carry that memory today. He did lots of voluntary work. He served as parent helper when I did kids church at the vineyard. He was a peacemaker- Settling disputes among his boys at home and small group members under his supervision. He was a teacher. He taught me Vineyard 201 and I enjoy his teaching. Today I am applying what I learned. That encourages me to understand that he lives on - In me and in every small group leader. He was a minister. I called him my small group pastor. He was a cheerful person, always smiling and giving words of affirmation. I left Boston in 2003. At the time I left, Andrew still look great. I heard about the cancer while in Liberia and pray with all that is in me, asking God to heal and restore Andrew's health. But, today Andrew is asleep. God did not heal his body but instead took him away from the painful body. He is absent from the body and united with Christ 2 Cor. 5:8. As I think about this, I can imagine how happy Christ and the angels must be. Psalms 116:15 say "precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints." So, Christ is happy!!! As I mourn, I mourn with this one thing in mind, Eventually, God will put an end to death. Rev. 21:4. While we wait for that great getting up morning, let us work out our salvation with fear and trembling. Thank you God for sharing Andrew's life with us. Thank you Andrew's family for sharing Andrew with us and Thank you Andrew for loving us all. We will miss you.


Bartoe Walker

Liberia

1 comment:

  1. Bartoe,

    thanks for your encouraging words regarding our brother Andrew, about his life being lived out through us who carry forward the LIFE of God in our lives on this earth, about his life as a peacemaker, and especially the assurance that "sleep" for Andrew and all who live in God means being present with Jesus and waiting for us who still must run this race.

    ReplyDelete