Sunday, May 23, 2010

Remembering Andrew ......

Andrew, I didn't know you for far long enough, but you made an instant and lasting impression on me. Today my heart hurts -- for the loss of you, for the grief your wonderful family must now endure and for the void your passing will leave. Although your presence will always be sorely missed, our caring community will draw close to surround and support your family while the rest of us draw consolation from knowing that you are now exactly where you are meant to be. It's been a long and well-fought battle for you, but now is the time to claim the rest you so richly deserve. Though I'd long been an interested observer of the Vineyard experience, I might have remained just that had you not provided the impetus that moved me to become a member -- and for that, I can never thank you enough. The saying goes that the measure of a man is taken by the way he reacts to adversity -- when this standard is applied, your worth is thus immeasurable. I'm reminded of something a favorite uncle always quoted to us in times of deep loss -- "Those who remain alive in our hearts shall never truly die." You are in my heart, Andrew -- now and forever.

Jeanne Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment