Sunday, May 23, 2010

Remembering my friend

My fondest memory of Andrew is that of playing basketball with him, and all of our sons after church at BFIT. We usually went out back to look for our kids who had wandered out to the court after service. inevitably, we would be sucked into a game that would consist of me and Andrew against 5 screaming, wild-eyed, energetic boys who would have us both huffing and puffing in a matter of minutes!

When I shared the news of Andrews passing with my sons, my youngest's face quickly went from sad to relieved, as he stated "Well he's in heaven right? So we get to see him again!" Out of the mouth of babes....

Andrew, you were my pastor, my counselor, and most importantly my friend, and I miss you terribly. My heart is broken for Val and your beautiful boys, who must miss you more than words are capable of expressing. I'm so glad that we know right where you are, and as Grace put it, you are cancer free!!! I can't wait to see you again!

Your friend and brother,

Steven Baronian

No comments:

Post a Comment